Friday, January 14, 2011

Curfew

Technically Hot Springs does NOT have a curfew...but as a resident of this town I feel like it is my duty to warn all of the vacationers that make the journey to Hot Springs about where to be and when.

Downtown Hot Springs is the "Hot spot" so to speak. This is where vacationers spend their time. They go to the bath houses, walk down Bath House Row, take a stroll through Arlington Park... which is all good and great. Heck, even as someone who LIVES here I enjoy doing those things. But i know when to go home.

In Hot Springs, unfortunately, downtown is not the safest place to be. From Malvern and Grand on out 7 towards Hot Springs Village this is where vacationers and hang out, and also where crime takes place. You need to be OUT of downtown when it hits dark. Unless you are walking on the side of the street where all of the shops are, you don't need to be downtown after dark. On the OTHER side of the road, where the bath houses are, is NOT a place that you want to be once it is dark.

I don't have to tell you why, I just need you to trust me. Come and enjoy Hot Springs because this TRULY is a wonderful place to live AND vacation. But be smart, and trust me... go home for curfew...which in this town is after dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment